Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Review of Quilts from the House of Tula Pink


I have been waiting for this book for so freaking long. Wait can I say I am a big time member of Tula's Troops. And it was worth the wait!


The photography in this book and the over all styling is just gorgeous! You can tell how much work went into every photo and the colors are so bright, cheery, and homey.


Sprinkled throughout the book were these fabulous little "Tula says..." boxes full of great little tips, anecdotes, and inspirations!


The illustrations and directions were hand drawn and so sweet.


One of my favorite non-quilting projects is this awesome lampshade embroidery decoration. Its so cute! And I already have the perfect lamp from Ikea to try it on!


The absolute BEST part of the book though was the story behind the quilting of each quilt. Tula explains why she wanted certain motifs and designs, and that the quilting adds another dimension to the quilt as a whole. Its not just about the design or the fabric or the piecing. It's about everything all together, and the quilting plays a big part in that.

All in all this book is an awesome addition to my sewing library. True I am a bit biased as I love her fabrics, but still this is a valuable tool for those looking to learn to quilt and those more experienced sewers who need a little bit of inspiration in their lives!  GET IT!

3 comments:

  1. I happen to have a really big, old barn. That picture of all the quilts hanging along the roof line really has me thinking! I want to stage something like that someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to get that book. I just started blogging and would love for you and your friends to join me. www.sewcraftykathy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable branding, Phrizbie Design loves it

    ReplyDelete